Unless you live in Texas, United States, you probably have never tried stuffing a tortilla for breakfast with scrambled eggs, beans, and more nourishing ingredients. In short, they are everything a delicious morning meal can be. The quality of home-made tacos surpasses a burnt bagel with cream cheese.
Check out the recipe for a classic breakfast taco below, and see some ideas for variations you can play with. Absolute eats!
Here’s what you will need in the morning:
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 6 large eggs
- A can of beans
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- A selection of your favorite herbs
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lemon, sliced
Here’s how to make tacos for breakfast:
- Heat the tortillas over medium heat pan (set aside)
- Cook the eggs, place in each tortilla.
- Cook the bell pepper mixture
Sauté the onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the bell pepper to the pan. Let the peppers steam for 3 to 5 minutes. Place the mixture in tortillas
- Heat up the beans for a few minutes and place in the tortillas
- Season with herbs
- Garnish with avocado
- Serve it with a sliced lemon
Here’s how you can add some food variation:
- Top the dish with sour creme for some extra sweetness
- Warm up the tortillas in the oven
- Use a variety of beans (kidney, black or even refried beans)
- Add other veggies (zucchini or tomatoes)
- Add leftovers (veggies or meat)
- Top with hot sauce for a spicy boost
If you make this recipe than tag me on Instagram
I love to see this!
Other posts on the blog you might enjoy